One of the main advantages of personal tuition is that you can talk, converse, discuss, and ask your own mathematical questions with your tutor, and expect to get an answer that you can understand.
Hence I strongly advise tutees to ask questions that have meaning to themselves, and to see doing so as a core skill involved in learning maths.
- What I expect of tutees
- Structure of a tutorial
- How to get an ‘A’
- Things that make THINK ABOUT YOUR MATHS easier
- The art of asking questions
- Think like a mathematician
- Study tips
- Suggested reading
- My favourite quotes on the subject of education
- What is maths about? And why it might be good for you