Maths exam/assessment in 2021?
- During the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic all tuition is online
Cumulative results for previous years can be found at Results 2013 – 2020
What I do
I offer online tuition in mathematics for secondary pupils preparing to take:
- SQA exams up to and including:
- Advanced Higher Mathematics
- Advanced Higher Statistics
- Advanced Higher Mathematics of Mechanics
- AS/A level — Edexcel
Additionally for anyone preparing to undertake:
- Numeracy/maths exams for professional development e.g. AOSB, PGDE
- HNC/HND/Cert of HE/OU STEM courses with substantial maths component
- SAT and GRE tests
- First year university level maths
- improving their problem solving skills
1-2-1 tuition in maths by an experienced maths tutor offers you the help, encouragement and support you need to increase your understanding of this important school subject, and thence to improved grades. I have set up as a maths tutor in order to help more people to do better at maths.
I particulary welcome enquiries from potential tutees who are taking SQA National 5 maths with a view to obtaining an ‘A’ pass at both National 5, and Higher the following year. And also from Higher students aiming to get an ‘A’ at both Higher and Advanced Higher.
Some of my Advanced Higher tutees from previous years have gone on to study mathematics, music, engineering, economics, and medicine.
If you have an interest in pursuing a STEM subject at university it is advisable that you consciously work towards achieving your goal from an earlier rather than a later stage.
And consider this: I have had two Russian tutees in the recent past, and was told by the head of the Russian community in Edinburgh that even in Soviet Russia people would hire mathematics tutors — people simply wanted to get better at maths! I know! — unbelievable!
I am equally pleased to help anyone with improving their understanding of maths, or with improving their numeracy, whatever their level, and whatever their goal.
- Gary Thomson
- enquiries [at] edinatuition [dot] com
- 07728 365 330
- Tuition is offered on a weekly basis, I don’t offer fortnightly sessions
- Whilst social distancing is in place all tuition is online
- First session is free to test that online tuition will work for you
- £40 per hour for online thereafter
- Please note: for those suffering hardship due to the continuing SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, I am offering a sliding scale whereby they may elect to pay any amount greater than £30 to a maximum of £40 depending on their budget
- B Sc Mathematics
- PGCE Secondary Mathematics
- PVG — updated October 2016
- Edinburgh/Lothians based
Thanks for visiting my site!