All levels offered
I offer online tuition in mathematics for secondary pupils preparing to take:
- SQA exams up to and including:
- Advanced Higher Mathematics
- AS/A level — Edexcel, AQA
- STEP, TMUA, MAT
Additionally for anyone preparing to undertake:
- Numeracy/maths exams for professional development e.g. AOSB, PGDE
- HNC/HND/Cert of HE/OU STEM courses with substantial maths component
- SAT and GRE tests
- First year university level maths
- improving their problem solving skills
1-2-1 tuition in maths by an experienced maths tutor offers you the help, encouragement and support you need to increase your understanding of this important school subject, and thence to improved grades. I have set up as a maths tutor in order to help more people to do better at maths.
I particulary welcome enquiries from potential tutees who are taking SQA National 5 maths with a view to obtaining an ‘A’ pass at both National 5, and Higher the following year. And also from Higher students aiming to get an ‘A’ at both Higher and Advanced Higher.
Some of my Advanced Higher tutees from previous years have gone on to study mathematics, music, engineering, economics, astrophysics, and computer science.
If you have an interest in pursuing a STEM subject at university it is advisable that you consciously work towards achieving your goal from an earlier rather than a later stage.
I am equally pleased to help anyone improve their understanding of maths, or to improve their numeracy, whatever their level, and whatever their goal.
- Tuition is offered on a weekly basis, I don’t offer fortnightly sessions
- AUGUST 2021: the SARS-Cov-2 pandemic has led to an acceptance of online tuition. Since the pandemic is not over, and due to the inescapable fact of there being a climate emergency, I am continuing to offer tuition by online means only. My hope is that I am thereby acting in a way that will reduce the spread of any variants of covid, forbye reducing my CO2 emissions.
- Online can be as good as face to face tuition and has many advantages
- Cumulative results for previous years can be found at Results 2013 – 2021
- For each individual tutee I use a probationary period to help me decide if my way of giving tuition will work for them. Please see What I expect of tutees
- Please read my Terms and Conditions
- by accepting tuition from me you will be agreeing to the T&C in the above linked page
- The first session is free to test that online tuition will work for you
- Higher, Advanced Higher, A level £40 per hour for online thereafter
- National 5, GCSE £30 per hour for online thereafter
- late cancellation fee of £10 with less than 24 hours notice
- Gary Thomson
- enquiries [at] edinatuition [dot] com
- 07728 365 330
- B Sc Mathematics
- PGCE Secondary Mathematics
- PVG — updated October 2016
Thanks for visiting my site!