Maths tuition up to SQA Advanced Higher
Maths exam in 2017?
- Need to get an A/B in Higher Maths to secure your place at college or university?
- struggling with Higher Maths in school?
- like some help with Advanced Higher Maths?
- want to get a grip on National 5 maths?
- want to do well at Maths?
Whatever your reason for wanting to do better at maths, whatever path you are considering following after leaving high school, please see the following link which provides data relating earnings 10 years after graduation to subject graduated in:
Note that for at least 5 (Economics, Engineering, Physical sciences, Maths/Computing, Business) out of 9 of these subject areas a good pass at Higher or Advanced Higher Maths would probably be required for entry on to the course.
Private tuition in your own home can be an effective way of taking your understanding of maths to the next level.
I have developed Edina Tuition so I could offer a dedicated, personal service to individuals who want to gain more confidence and skill in maths. My wish is to deliver contemporary maths tuition in Edinburgh and beyond. I teach up to SQA Advanced Higher.
I have a lifetime of fascination and passion for maths and I aim to inspire those I teach to, at best, enjoy the subject and, at least, to embrace it with more enthusiasm than before.
- to get you looking forward to your maths exam and obtaining, or surpassing, your target grade
- working at mastery of C level skills (the SQA state that 65% of marks in Higher Maths are available at this level)
- promoting a growth mindset, and grit
- encouraging the use of common sense
- developing flexible thinking
- encouraging you to develop your number skills
- prelim, then actual exam
Basically you want to be ready for anything that the SQA can throw at you. I would like to help you get ready.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Mathematics is not about numbers, equations, computations or algorithms: it is about understanding. William Thurston