Maths exam in 2021?
I am currently accepting Higher and Advanced Higher tutees only.
4A, 4B, 3C — I always encourage tutees to take the prelim exams very seriously although, of course, not everybody listens. However this year those who did listen, and were able to score well, benefited from this advice, and I’m very pleased for them.
Cumulative results for previous years can be found at Results 2013 – 2020
What I do
I offer online, or in home, tuition in mathematics for secondary pupils preparing to take:
- SQA exams up to and including:
- Advanced Higher Mathematics
- Advanced Higher Statistics
- A level — Edexcel
- Numeracy exams for professional development e.g. AOSB
Private tuition in maths by an experienced maths tutor offers you the help and support you need to increase your understanding of this important school subject, and thence to improved grades. I have set up as a maths tutor in order to help more people to do better at maths.
I particulary welcome enquiries from potential tutees who are taking SQA National 5 maths with a view to obtaining an ‘A’ pass at both National 5, and Higher the following year. And also from Higher students aiming to get an ‘A’ at both Higher and Advanced Higher.
Some of my Advanced Higher tutees from previous years have gone on to study mathematics, music, engineering, economics, and medicine.
If you have an interest in pursuing a STEM subject at university it is advisable that you consciously work towards achieving your goal from an earlier rather than a later stage.
And consider this: I have had two Russian tutees in the recent past, and was told by the head of the Russian community in Edinburgh that even in Soviet Russia people would hire mathematics tutors — people simply wanted to get better at maths! I know! — unbelievable!
I am equally pleased to help anyone with improving their understanding of maths, or with improving their numeracy, whatever their level, and whatever their goal.
- Contact me: enquiries [at] edinatuition [dot] com
- 07728 365 330
- Tuition is offered on a weekly basis, I don’t offer fortnightly sessions
- Whilst covid19 is underway all tuition is online
- First session is free to test that online tuition will work for you
- £30 per hour for online thereafter
- a fee may be charged if a lesson is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice
- B Sc Mathematics
- PGCE Secondary Mathematics
- PVG — updated October 2016
- Edinburgh/Lothians based
Edina Tuition is making car journeys carbon neutral by offsetting CO2e emitted in travelling to tutees’ homes.
Online tuition can also help in this regard, so please do consider this option.
Thanks for visiting my site!