Maths tuition up to SQA Advanced Higher
Maths exam in 2017?
- Need to get an A/B in Higher Maths to secure your place at college or university?
- struggling with Higher Maths in school?
- like some help with Advanced Higher Maths?
- want to get a grip on National 5 maths?
- want to do well at Maths?
Please see my page on Jobs, computerisation, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics for notes on the increasing importance of maths as a subject which secures good job prospects and guards against technological unemployment.
Private tuition in your own home can be an effective way of taking your understanding of maths to the next level.
I have developed Edina Tuition in order to offer a dedicated, personal service to individuals who want to gain more confidence and skill in maths. My wish is to deliver contemporary maths tuition in Edinburgh and beyond. I teach up to SQA Advanced Higher. I also offer support for those taking STEP.
I have a lifetime of fascination and passion for maths and I aim to inspire those I teach to, at best, enjoy the subject and, at least, to embrace it with more enthusiasm than before.
- to get you looking forward to your maths exam and obtaining, or surpassing, your target grade
- working at mastery of C level skills (the SQA state that 65% of marks in Higher Maths are available at this level)
- promoting a growth mindset, and grit
- encouraging the use of common sense
- developing flexible thinking
- encouraging you to develop your number skills
- prelim, then actual exam
Basically you want to be ready for anything that the SQA can throw at you. 5th May 2017 is the date for the next SQA maths exams. I would like to help you get ready for them.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Complete success would mean that every individual felt, “I enjoyed the mathematics that I had time to learn. If I ever need or want to learn some more, I shall not be afraid to do so.”
W W Sawyer