Maths exam in 2019?
NB please note that as of January 2019 I am only accepting requests for help with Higher Maths and above.
I offer online, or in home, tuition in mathematics for secondary pupils preparing to take:
- SQA all exams up to and including:
- Advanced Higher Mathematics
- National 5 Applications of Mathematics
- GCSE — all exam boards
- AS/A level including Further Maths — all exam boards
- STEP Support programme
And in addition for those taking:
- access courses for university
- first year university mathematics exams
- Numeracy exams for professional development e.g. AOSB
Private tuition in maths by an experienced maths tutor offers you the help and support you need to increase your understanding of this important school subject, and thence to improved grades. I have set up as a maths tutor in order to help more people to do better at maths.
In particular SQA Higher Maths, and A level, present a major step up in the level of technical detail which has to be mastered. Many people do not appreciate this, perhaps as a result of having found National 5 Mathematics, or GCSE Mathematics, relatively untaxing. However good progress at Higher and A level can be achieved with a consistent and determined effort.
”Homework” can be requested but, please note, that for setting and marking I make a surcharge.
Please see my How to get an ‘A’ in SQA Higher Maths
Contact me today to see if I can help you.
Thanks for visiting my site!
Online tuition for all
- B Sc Mathematics
- PGCE Secondary Mathematics
- PVG — updated October 2016
- Edinburgh/Lothians based
Advertising poster for 2018/2019
SQA Exams for 2019
Thursday 25th April
- AH Mathematics of Mechanics
Thursday 2nd May
- Advanced Higher Maths
- Higher Maths
- N5 Applications of Maths
Friday 3rd May
- National 5 Maths
Tuesday 7th May
- AH Statistics
Edexcel IGCSE maths exams 2019
IB SL exams 2019
- Monday 13th May — SL Paper I
- Tuesday 14th May — SL Paper II
SQA Exams for Maths 2018
10th August: 8 A grade passes, 3 B passes, 3 C passes, 5 D grades, and 3 still to declare.
A grade passes include an A* at GCSE, and one tutee who obtained 93% at Higher grade.
My advice to all tutees, regardless of how they feel about their current level of understanding of maths, is to aim high.
- £30 for a one hour session
- a reduced fee may be charged if a lesson is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice
- 07728 365 330
- info [at] edinatuition [dot] com