What to expect in tutorials
Provisional results for 2021
I have now been informed of provisional results for 6 of my tutees with whom I worked over the past academic year. These amount to 4 As and 2 Bs, with several more results to come (and I am hopeful of at least another 2 As).
The SQA release the official results on 10th August.
If you would like to maximise your chances of achieving in school maths I recommend that you consider private tuition with an experienced tutor. It should be seen as an investment in your future.
Summer courses offered
See Summer Schools 2021 for all courses offered over the summer of 2021
All levels offered
I offer online tuition in mathematics for secondary pupils preparing to take:
- SQA exams up to and including:
- Advanced Higher Mathematics
- AS/A level — Edexcel, AQA
- STEP, TUMA, MAT
Additionally for anyone preparing to undertake:
- Numeracy/maths exams for professional development e.g. AOSB, PGDE
- HNC/HND/Cert of HE/OU STEM courses with substantial maths component
- SAT and GRE tests
- First year university level maths
- improving their problem solving skills
1-2-1 tuition in maths by an experienced maths tutor offers you the help, encouragement and support you need to increase your understanding of this important school subject, and thence to improved grades. I have set up as a maths tutor in order to help more people to do better at maths.
I particulary welcome enquiries from potential tutees who are taking SQA National 5 maths with a view to obtaining an ‘A’ pass at both National 5, and Higher the following year. And also from Higher students aiming to get an ‘A’ at both Higher and Advanced Higher.
Some of my Advanced Higher tutees from previous years have gone on to study mathematics, music, engineering, economics, astrophysics, and computer science.
If you have an interest in pursuing a STEM subject at university it is advisable that you consciously work towards achieving your goal from an earlier rather than a later stage.
And consider this: I have had four Russian tutees in the recent past, and was told by the then head of the Russian community in Edinburgh, Ilya Kuznetsov, that even in Soviet Russia people would hire mathematics tutors — people simply wanted to get better at maths! I know! — unbelievable!
I am equally pleased to help anyone with improving their understanding of maths, or with improving their numeracy, whatever their level, and whatever their goal.
Learn you a mathematics for great good!
- Tuition is offered on a weekly basis, I don’t offer fortnightly sessions
- During the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic all tuition is online
- Cumulative results for previous years can be found at Results 2013 – 2020
- I use a probationary period to help me decide if I can help a tutee. Please see How to have a successful tuition
- First session is free to test that online tuition will work for you
- £40 per hour for online thereafter
- Gary Thomson
- enquiries [at] edinatuition [dot] com
- 07728 365 330
- B Sc Mathematics
- PGCE Secondary Mathematics
- PVG — updated October 2016
Thanks for visiting my site!