What I have developed a knee-jerk affinity for is mistakes and failures . . . I learn more from them than I learn from success.
Ray Dalio founder of Bridgewater Associates
- (Warm up with basic maths)
- (Prepped bit — solutions to problems, advice on study/exams)
- Tutee’s bit — the bulk of the session where you can ask questions on the parts of your course that you are struggling with
- I try to break down the very mathy bits into more manageable pieces which you can digest more easily
- Summary — what we did in the session
- Reminder to revise/Supplementary work (twice monthly exercise for you to complete in your own time — solution to a problem, reflection on processes involved)